Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Homemade Sprite


We made Homemade Sprite!

How it happened is that I've been making fresh lemonade base. I would mix the base with Pellegrino to make it bubbly.


When I was at Costco last, I bought lemons and limes. We made lemonade base and limeade base.


Ben kept calling the limeade limonade. It made me think we could maybe make our own Sprite.


Here's how we did it. 


First we made the bases.


Fresh Lemon/Limeade Base (From Better Homes & Gardens)

2 1/2C water
1 1/4C sugar
1/2t lemon or lime zest
1 1/4C FRESH SQUEEZED lemon or lime juice

1. Heat and stir water and sugar over medium heat till sugar is dissolved. Remove from hear; cool for 20 minutes. Add peel and juice to sugar mixture. Pour into a jar (I've been reusing a cool bottle I got at World Market with Pink Lemonade in it), cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days (we've had it up to 5 with no problem).

2. For each glass, combine equal parts base and water in ice-filled glasses, stir.
Makes 8 (8oz) servings or about 4 cups of base.


Second we mixed.


Homemade Sprite

1/4 C lemonade base
1/4 C limeade base
1/2 C Pellegrino

It tastes fresher than Sprite, but I found it just as refreshing. 


Ben really liked it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment